Cake trials . . .

By 7:04 pm ,

It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here, and that has been due to the most horrendous stomach upset that I had all of last week and the beginning of this, so I've been curled up on the sofa and in bed, asleep and BORED! 

And thus explains the absence of posts . . . however this week I took full advantage of feeling better, and did lots of baking. When I was ill all I kept craving was a slice of cake, so it was nice to finally quench my cakey thirst.

Jason made some tasty white Chocolate & Cranberry cookies as well as some Sultana & Oatmeal ones, which were devoured before I even had a chance to whip my camera out. We've planned to make them again as Christmas presents, so a few more trial runs may be needed before giving them as gifts, and hopefully next time I'll be able to take some pictures.

Next on our list was a Cinnamon & Raisin Loaf cake, I was a little sceptical to making this at first as I'm not a massive fan of raisins and there was also an awful lot of cinnamon in the recipe, but I was pleasantly surprised it tasted really good.


The loaf is made up of two batters, one with cinnamon and the other without. You put the plain mixture in the tin first, and then add the cinnamon one in on top and swirl them together to get the marbled pattern on the inside when you cut into it.

Next time I think we need to be a bit more adventurous in our swirling as it's not quite marbled as much as we'd hoped . . .  
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments