A Little Bank Holiday Project . . .

By 4:55 pm , , ,

My craft room has been in various states of disarray since the beginning of December, so I decided that today was as good a day as any to have a spring clean and have a good old tidy up.

I never realised quite how much I had, I am a self confessed hoarder of all things glittery and any pretty paper that could potentially be used on a card or for scrapbooking. In a bid to use up some of my supplies (in no way procrastinating at all!) I decided to make some glittery push pins for my inspiration board.


How to Make Your Own Sparkly Push Pins . . .

To make these tacks you'll need . . .

* Wooden stars
* Glitter
* Thumb tacks
* PVA glue
* Hairspray
* Paintbrush

Step one - cover the wooden stars in a layer of PVA using a paint brush.
Step two - sprinkle the glitter on top of the star and leave for a few moments, and then tap of the excess. Leave to dry.
Step three - Once dry spray with a thin mist of hairspray and leave to dry for five minutes.
Step four - place a generous blob of glue from the glue gun onto the head of the push pin and apply to the back of the star. Hold in place for a few seconds and leave to dry. Your push pin is then ready to use!

 

Buttons, buttons and more buttons!!!

I also made some push pins using some pastel buttons. They're made in a similar way to the star ones above but without having to apply the glitter. All you need to do is follow step four.


You Might Also Like

0 comments